I ripped it with linux... I edited it with windows

  • 0
I wanted to get a clip of a tv show for friends so I recorded the show on a dvd recorder. I'v never really bothed with the recorder much, sky plus does all the work. Anyways I had a dvd of the show in HQ. Wondering how I could get the dvd to a .avi format I looked for a program on the windows platform and found a whole load of rubbish, poorly designed, buggy and slow programs. It just so happens that there is a program package on (k)ubuntu called Acidrip although its not really a ripper its a program that uses another program such as MEncoder to encode frames. But it gets the job done and the interface is well designed.

I wanted to use power director to cut the file up on windows. But it didn't like the fmp4 codec so I had to use windows movie maker, argh. That pile of crap in Accessories somewhere on the start menu.
I don't really know a video editor for linux. Maybe I should look for one next time

No comments:

Post a Comment