Installed Ubuntu

  • 0
Installed it on my laptop with the existing windows xp on the hard drive. For the first time ever I had no problems setting a linux distro up. The installer was fast, had no problems making space on the windows partition and for a bonus the script I found to run my speedtouch modem on knoppix works just fine. Automatix (Automated GUI installation script) is a blessing for lazy people like me since I didn't have to do anything expect click what I wanted. The script will even download firefox with all the plugins you need and download media plugins that you need to play mp3s and dvds. I never really used gnome as my main interface but hey I like it.

My desktop
Gnome Ubuntu

gnome ubuntu

USB drives work fine and I can connect my gp2x (linux handheld) to it just fine.
Ubuntu with gp2x

I really like this operating system. I have had nothing to do but use it, theres not much to do when setting it up just like every OS should be! Looking forward to the new version when it is out of beta.

Links:
www.ubuntu.com Ubuntu website
Automatrix script
easylinux.wordpress.com Great blog worth checking out

No comments:

Post a Comment