January Reading

  • 0
Books

I read two book this month Anna Karenina and War of the Worlds.

I'm not sure what to write of Anna Karenina. I have tried to explain why I like it, and every time I try it reads like irritating dribble. I will say that between War and Peace and Karenina, this is the better book. I loved War and Peace because made me think about big questions, but I love Anna Karenina even more for its story and narrower scope of themes, and Levin. Levin is a great character of Tolstoy's moral ideas and ideologies. To me, Tolstoy is right up there.

I found War of the Worlds in a second hand book shop in town. A short read, it was pretty much what I expected. I wish the movies were more like the book. Get rid of cruise. Set it in the 1880-90's. Get some cannons and maxim machine guns. I want to see an ironclad ram a martian! It would be nostalgic like the new Sherlock Holmes movie but with aliens.

Reading next: Dostoyevsky's The Brothers Karamazov.

No comments:

Post a Comment