June and July reading

  • 0
Books

I didn't post about reading in June. I tried to write a lot more. I finished one or two short stories and then sort of got back into reading. Mostly Kurt Vonnegut.

Bagombo Snuff Box, Kurt Vonnegut.
Short stories. The Powder-Blue Dragon was my favourite.

Welcome to the Monkey House, Kurt Vonnegut
More short stories. I didnt like these as much as the later Bagombo Snuff Box. The self titled story is the best and published in playboy.

Hocus Pocus, and Mother Night, Kurt Vonnegut
Both first person. Both are similar in style. Both not as good as Vonnegut's science fiction but worth the read.

A Wrinkle in Time, Madeleine L'Englehey
Science fiction children's story. Featured on lost.

Post Office, Charles Bukowski
Best book I've read recently. Biographical protagonist, drunk bum mail clerk, Henry Chinaski tells everything. Funny as hell and awesome prose.

Fight Club,?? Chuck Palahniuk
Minimalist and angry. Better than the film, more of an attack on materialistic society.??


No comments:

Post a Comment