Another greenhouse

  • 0

A friend wanted to get rid of his greenhouse and offered it me. I took it. He and his Dad came round Sunday to the allotment and we unloaded the van, all the metal frame work and glass. No instructions. I gave him a huge bag of compost for it. I didn't know what else to give him, he needed a bag anyway.

After I cooked dinner and had an hour of head-scratching to sort the pieces, I started the base and got the front and sides fixed until I was working in the dark. When I got up today and had some coffee, I started on the supports and roof, finishing around tea time.

Every so often a tame robin would perch on the frame and look at me for a short while then fly off somewhere. He still has his baby feathers, grey fluff, at the back. I tried to coax him on to my hand with all kinds of worms I dug for him but he seems happy just follow me around the garden.

I've had way too much fun on this meccano set with no instructions. Throw the instructions away and do as you please. I will be installing the glass this week, taking my time, some of it is brittle.

NDsc00635

No comments:

Post a Comment