Allotment update march

  • 0

Yesterday I dug a patch, and sowed tomatoes directly into a cold frame I built from a shelving unit (and stuck any old glass over it). The wood isn't that great so I put soil directly into the three compartments it has. It will rot but it should last for this year. Today I planted more broad beans, more than I will probably need together with ones I planted before Christmas.

The picture of the fence is one that was put in by idiots. They took down a boundary fence that sits along the allotments and a space of waste land. They damaged my apple tree, took all my corrugated iron by the fence and spread topsoil all over into my plot, pretty much took or damaged everything by the fence. The council, surprise surprise, doesn't care but they are inquiring whether the fence is stealing land. The sign is for passes-by lol.

Things to do this month-

  • plant potatoes
  • plant onions
  • sow cabbage, sprouts, carrots
  • make a start on digging soil where the runner bean frame is going

 

ColdframeWallfence1allotment

No comments:

Post a Comment