Morland Old Speckled Hen

  • 0
Must be the most legendary ale people talk of in my area. Now sadly owned by green king, this is brewed in Suffolk. I have a few cans from tesco found on the bottom shelf's.

The colour is a clear golden amber brown. Little white head. The aroma is sweet and hoppy. Has a medium body that is smooth. The taste is a combination of light malts, balanced hops and sweetness. Its one hell of a drinkable beer. I can see why it out sells Newcastle brown, one of my favourite brown ales. 5.2% makes it a strong ale but I would say it's a session beer. I mean I could drink this all day. It's that drinkable. I will be looking for it on cask at the next beer festival Ben and I go to.

Check out the website www.oldspeckledhen.co.uk for history and other information.

Rating: Amazing
As you can see am a professional at rating beer
Overall: A highly drinkable ale. Don't care what anyone says if you don't like this one your not an ale fan, go drink lager and don't come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment